Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lazy Sunday

Today I managed to have my first real sleep in, 9am it was not much but it was good to break the routine a little bit. From then I had plans to have a very lazy Sunday. Second cousin Emma Powell came to visit me at around 11 and I was still in bed. Not long after this Shane and Belinda came, I went to Tafe with Shane and I haven't seen him since then, pity the circumstances couldn't be better for out meet.



I had lunch in bed, still running on my lazy weekend. Dad pestering me to eat quicker, nothing changes eh! But I am a slow eater. I then managed to knock off my temporary crown on my front tooth which was a bit frustrating, back to eating through one side again. The nursing staff, well Amy and Allison were giving me a hard time about still being in bed, so up I got. I always do what I am told. Emma, Dad and I then headed down for a coffee. I didn't want to venture to far as Dad and I were not able to find a spanner to fix the wheels on my chair. Emma and I were pondering on how we were actually related, this sparked Dad to start a impromptu family tree scribbled on a Gloria Jeans napkin.We had to call Mum once to check some finer details. It was good to sit down for an hour trying to nut it out and working out where everyone fits in. Took our minds out of the hospital for a bit.



My evening once again was going to be a bit lazy one, watching the cricket highlights, then the cycling followed by more of the cricket. But I got a surprise visit from Katia Fisher and her Mum, they came with gifts, more chocolates and magazines. When the days get slower it will be great to have all the reading material. They stayed for a while having a chat and a laugh, and now I'm back to watching the cricket, come on Australia. All in all it was good to have a slightly normal day, with no Physio or OT or worrying about public transport.

Short and sweet, not much about recovering or rehab but hey, having a nice slow day is always helpful to a healthy recovery eh.
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment