Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunny Sunday

Today I was up and in the shower quickly because Grahams daughters were going to make us some scrambled eggs for breakfast. Alex was up from Wagga Wagga for the day to visit and after breakfast we made our way outside to the secret garden. It was a beautiful sunny winters morning.


Mosman Bay


City from Cremorne Point

We then met Mum, Tristan and Meaghan, who had been walking some of the paths around Mosman and Cremorne Point. We headed to the Forum thinking that all the food shops would be open, but only just a few were. We picked Nandoes, Mum suggested the Banquet. Which was really quite a feast between the 5 of us and we managed to eat the lot. Mum's they always seem to pick the right things. Tristan had to leave for work at around 2 and I had to return to the ward to attend my IMC. Mum and Meaghan went to Warringah Mall to do some shopping. Which gave Alex and I a chance to sit in the garden and chat for the afternoon. It was really nice to be outside and off the ward for most of the weekend. Especially when the weather was just so perfect.
I might have a room change on Monday which will be a change for me, new room mates and maybe a view of the city who knows. I'm looking forward to venturing further into the city as my rehab moves along and I get my full wheelchair licence.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you guys,

    I am really sad to hear that this has happened to Stuart, but it seems you're all handling it brilliantly.

    Keep fighting and I'll keep checking the blog for updates.

    Liz (and the Currie family) in Canberra

    ReplyDelete
  2. HiStuart, great to see you're getting out and about even more, pretty good on chair mechanics too. janet's photos are as superb as ever. Cheers, Maree and Lee.

    ReplyDelete