Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ardleathan Show

Saturday 19 September
Early start for the show in Ardlethan, Mum came and picked me up at around 10:00am and we headed off for the hour drive. We picked up Nandi from her farm got some lunch and then went to the show. It was a very nice day for the show, which makes it a bit easier when pushing around. We headed into the pavilion first. It was intersting getting in, the steps were just long enough for the chair to fit. I was able to get the front wheels up onto the steps and then pull myself up using the arm rails once inside I was able to move my way around with ease. I then headed down to the Team Penning. A team of 3 riders work together to separate 3 marked cattle out of a small heard of 21. they then get them into a small yard at the other end of the arena. They only have 90 seconds to get them in and the winner has the quickest time.






Jeremy and I then headed up to have a beer and watch the billy boil comp. A competition to see who can boil a billy of tea using a block of wood, axe, billy of water and some matches, in once again the quickest time.

I had s sleepover at Nandi and Pa's. Bit tricky getting on to the house though. Had to get from my chair onto the varandah, lift up my chair and then transfer back into it. Did it no worries. Also managed to transfer into the recliner and put my legs up, which was very relaxing after my afternoon pushing around the show ground. No nice smooth cement paths or pavement to be seen.

Dad came out for the sleepover as well and we had an evening of football...rugby and the AFL.
Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment