Monday, September 21, 2009

Ardlethan Field and Game

Sunday 20th September
Lazy start to the day after the show yesterday. Dad and I had lunch with Nandi. I enjoyed having the sleep over at the farm, managed in the house OK. It was my first weekend leave since I've been home in Wagga Wagga and nice to spend it with my grandparents.
Dad and I went to the Ardlethan Field and Game shoot after lunch. My Uncle Andrew took me round for a lap of the course. I was a bit unsure of how I would go with the shotgun, sitting in the chair. But after the first shot to get my eye in, I was set and didn't miss many after that. I was not able to get to some of the shooting stations, but it was still nice to be there. The other shooters were very accommodating and made me feel very welcome. I think I've found a new hobby...... I just need a 4WD wheelchair AND a shotgun to add to my collection!!!





I went back to Kauri Pl for tea before returning to Calvary for the night. Another great weekend. Happy with my progress and being able to get around on the difficult terrain at the show and the gun shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment