Monday, September 21, 2009

Best walking yet.

Monday 21st September
Made my way down to physio after a nothing morning. Alex met up with me there. After getting up and walking around the room once we decided to go around a second time. This is the longest I've managed to walk yet. I did have break halfway though the second lap but I still made it. We then headed into town to do a bit of shopping then out for dinner at Romarno's, after I stayed the night At Alex's. Good to be out of the hopsital.

Tuesday 22nd September

Today I headed over to Ros's with Mum to check out her new flat in Watermark, very flash and large. I really liked the open bathrooms with access for a wheelchair. I could manage in both, good forward planning. It was easy to roll around in the living area as Ros has not got all her furniture in as yet...There were bits of cardboard on the floor marking out where things might go. I went over the lounge chair and dining table a few times.
Marcus decided to further my walking today at physio. This time he had me walk through the gym, into the reception area and back.



Once I was back he had me do some leg presses. I was able to press 15kgs on the left and 5kg on the left.






Marcus gave my hamstrings a stretch and I was able to stand up from the seat of the press which was 42cms. My best sit to stand yet. I walked across the room to the exercise ball, did some balance work. Finished off with a massage/release on my lower back and hips and finally the electro stimulation. Mum left me dozing on the plinth with the suction cups on my lower back.
Ryan then picked me up in the arvo and took me around for a nice feed and a beer. I got back to the hospital just in time to beat the hail. I haven't seen hail like that in years. It was so loud, we watched from under the drive through at the back entrance to the hospital, lucky his car was under cover.
Dad drove Mum to work in my VL, not wanting to get hail damage to her car!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment