Monday, November 16, 2009

5 more sleeps

Thursday 19th November

More test early this morning, did a 6 Minute walk test and 6 minute push test. I'm not sure how far I walked as the physio was really busy, to get to me, but I did manage 10 laps around the basketball court and my leg was really jumpy after my walk test which did hinder me pushing. Had a hydro session this morning with Holly (aka Water dragon) she got me jumping in the pool which is something that I've struggled for to do but I managed it today. Maybe it was her pushing me really hard even got some star jumps. I know I'll sleep well after it tonight!

I ducked up to the RTA after lunch today. I caught a cab and it turned out just up the hill from the Center. After a few phone calls they got the required paper work to approve my licence. So now after 6 months I finally have an unrestricted licence again! I was really happy to have it back that I chose to roll back down the hill to Moorong. Only took me about 20 minutes to get there but I did have to negotiate a few roadworks which make it hard at times. This evening I'm going to head to the bowling club with Rob again and have a few beers for my second last night in hospital! Not long now.

Wednesday 18th November

Moved rooms this morning. There was quite a shuffle of patients and I went into the transition room, ready for discharge on Saturday. Has be good really as it meant that I had to go through my stuff here and pack it up a bit. There is a living room with a TV, a small kitchen with a microwave, fridge and sink. I'll get a chance to do the dishes which actually I'm looking forward to doing... It also has a big stereo which I can play Triple J as loud as I want as there are no other patients to winge about it.

Also getting my equipment for home sorted. Have my splint for my right leg, padded toilet seat and a shower chair. Also the ramps to get into the house have been approved so they should be in soon which will make access so much better.

Did my last tennis session this arvo. I actually hit the ball really well this time, I will have to look into it here in Wagga. Also got in contact to someone from disabled skiing Australia who sent me some information on skiing dates around NSW. I can't wait to get out and about again.

Had tea with Emma again, we dined on Chinese this time and got a fair bit too much but just means I'll have some for lunch over the next few days.

Tuesday the 17th November

Early physio session today more testing of my legs and did some walking outside, I did some extra physio myself and then had a chat with the social worker for a bit about heading home and sorting out some paper work. Bit of bad luck, the machine that they use for my bladder test at RNS has broken down...so no test tomorrow. Had to stop taking one of the drugs that control bladder spasm for a few days prior to the test. Will be interesting to see if it makes any difference.


Monday 16th November

I did some work in the Gym myself today as I didn't have any physio untill the afternoon. In the physio session in the afternoon we did my final assessments for discharge. Similar to the test that I went through when I started here to gauge on how well I've imporved' there has been some which is good. Client ed was cancelled for the arvo so we headed up to the ex servicemans club up the road and had a few quiet beers with some friends.

Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment