Monday, November 2, 2009

A new week

Monday 2nd November
I'm lucky that I get early starts, I'll explain in a bit. Wheeled off to physio with Viv as I didn't do that much walking on the weekend my knee got a chance to recover. I managed to do another lap around the center, this time though I was just shy of a slow walking pace which was nice. But I still did tire rather quickly, I'll have to work on the stamina. I then did some work on the plynth with my hip flexors and then rolled onto my belly and put the FES my right hamstrings for half an hour. Viv also said that I could head to Ryde swimming pool and use the facilities there if like. I might check it out sometime this week. I then had OT with Trish, I don't need much physical OT work done anymore so we sat down and tried to nut out a few things like getting some ramps for home for my next tip back. Also we organised my driving lessons for the next few weeks. I should have them all knocked over in 3 weeks.
Just before lunch the new parts for my Remote control car showed up, so I spent the afternoon adding the new shiny parts to my car. Which is why I like the early physio sessions. I got it finished just in time to head to client ed where this lesson was on bowel care, I learnt a few things that will really help me. Rob and I then headed outside to give my car a run. Wow its fast! Also good to pass the time here, I'm sure I'll break something on it again soon so which will keep me busy. Rob and I got some pizza for dinner, I'm starting to get a bit over the same food every week.

I would also like to thank everyone who went to the morning tea out at the Department of Ag today. Together everyone raised $1500 towards my automatic car, which was way more than I ever expected! Again thankyou for your support.

Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment