Sunday, November 1, 2009

Flying with Rex again.

Friday the 30th October.
I had a physio session in the morning but my knee was still playing up so it was limited to doing a few non weight bearing activities and stimulating my leg with the electronic machine. I then went to pack my bags for the trip home. Caught a taxi to the airport, gets easier each time I now transfer into the front seat instead of using the wheelchair accessible bit at the back. My trial chair rolls so well on the smooth floors of the terminal. Lucky I am traveling alone as anyone walking with me would never keep up. Had an OK flight, we played dodge the storms though so I got my moneys worth as there were some amazing thunderstorms over Canberra.
Spent an hour or so catching up with the afternoon shift in the hanger at work(Rex). Will be great when I get home, have my licence and can work a couple of days each week. The boys seem to think there will be plenty of jobs for me to do.
Dad and I got home in time for us to have tea with Mum and Maggie. Mum was working tonight and keen a rest before starting at 10.30pm. Dad gave me a good stretch and we had a quiet evening before I went to meet up with Alex.


Thursday 29th October

Not much happened this Thursday, knee was still playing silly buggers so it was a quick walk with Viv outside down the ramps and then back up again for some stretching and leg work. In the arvo I had Client Ed which is ran twice a week. They are like little chit chats with the nurses to educate you on how your body works after a spinal cord injury. This week it was on bladder management, they are good to go as you learn little tricks to make everything a bit easier when you are out in the big bad world.

Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment