Friday, October 16, 2009

Sleepover in Wagga Wagga

Friday 16th October
Normal start to the morning, had shower the night before so there was not much of a rush. I got my bag packed and caught a cab to the airport which didn't cost as much as I thought. The trial chair has a luggage carriers on the front, two little fold down polls, but they let you put your bag on it and wheel around the airport with out having to carry the it on your lap. The chair rolls really well in the nice polished airport lobbies, too quick for anyone to walk next to me. I managed better on the plane this time too, though it took a bit longer as there were 4 elderly passengers who also wanted the lifter to get on and off the plane. It was one of the most bumpiest flights I've ever been on and I was sure someone was going to spew. Mum was there to meet me at the airport and we cruised home for a nice toastie under the back veranda.
I had an interview with Prime TV after lunch, doing a follow up story on my progress since the long weekend in June. Marcus(physio) came as well, was good to catch up and show him my progress since being back at rehab in Sydney. After a good stretch on the ball I had my first walk at home on canadian crutches. How good is that, felt so good.







Mum and I then went into town for a bit and called in to see my mate Luke, he is back home at the moment with Sue and the family.
Then it was back home for a quite evening with the folks, Maggie and Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment