Friday, August 7, 2009

More Standing & Tilt table squats

Today's morning was a bit different, Alex has come to visit me for the weekend and she arrived earlier than I though. I was still in bed just finishing my breakfast. We headed around to the gym where I did some more standing on my legs. I'm still amazed at how tall I'm since the accident, I used to look Alex in the eyes, now I'm a good three inches taller. Alex (physio) was pleased with my progress so she decided to put me on the tilt table to try out some squats. I need to work on my lower quads, these muscles come into play just as you straighten the knee to slow the movement down and stop you from jolting you leg straight, which after a few goes is quite painful. To work it I need to place a towel under my knee and practice lifting my foot off the bed. Alex is also keen on trying to get me standing without the use of the lifter on Monday, unfortunately I won't have anyone there to take photos for me. I will make sure I have my camera for that day so I can get someone else to take them in place of Mum.

Alex and I then headed to Chatswood Mall to do some shopping, I'm trying to find a pair of jeans or nice pants to wear out. I'm getting a bit sick of trackies, but it's hard to find something that has no pockets on the back or small flush ones with out buttons. I may just have to buy some and pick them off myself. We then headed to Sushi Train to have lunch it was Alex's first visit there and I don't think it will be our last. I was relying or her choice as it was a bit too high for me to see the plates on the train. After the nice lunch we went and watched The Ugly Truth at the movies bit of a 'chick flick' but it was still good. We are thinking of heading to the Aquarium tomorrow which will be nice, I haven't been there for a long time and I'll make sure I take my camera with me for the trip.

Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment