Monday, August 10, 2009

One more step towards a step.

I was out of the hospital again this morning for a Dental appointment in Chatswood to get the shade(colour) for my crown done. A rather interesting journey to the surgery as there were some serious hills and gutters to navigate. Luckily there was a kind man to help me up them. It was nearly lunch time when I got back to 7D, so did some washing and sorted my space out a bit, it was starting to get a bit messy.... especially with all my new gear.

I headed to physio at 2 where I got myself on the plinth to do some stretching, I managed to get into a kneeling position using the pillow as a stop and slowly moving it back more and more until I took it away altogether.



After this Damien and I decided we try some standing on the parallel bars. I was able to lift myself up using my arms and then using the techniques from trying to stand in the pool and the stand up lifter machine from last week I was able to hold myself in a steady position. Damien then got a splint to hold my right knee locked and
I was able to transfer weight from left to right leg. It was the most unassisted standing I've done so far and it felt so good to do it. I can't wait to do more tomorrow.





Stu

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, you look so tall standing straight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific to see you upright. Keep up the fantastic effort. You are doing brilliantly.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the T.Shirt Stu......oh, and YOU look just fabulous on 2 feet! Keep it up ol' Son!

    ReplyDelete