Sunday, August 16, 2009

AFL with Rodney

Saturday 15th August

The morning was nice and easy, took my time to getting out of bed and going through my daily morning routine. I then headed to the up to the top level of the car park to watch the construction of the new building next door. Passed an hour watching the crane move a lot of heavy materials around the site. My cousin Emma then came and joined me for lunch in the private hospital, it was rather nice in their and the food was a lot better than what the hospital could offer.
Rodney and I had tickets(from cousin Mary) to watch the Swans v Geelong at 7, so I had a little afternoon nap before heading down to the train station to meet up with him. He unfortunately had to take a bus due to track work on the Newcastle line, but was able to get off at St Leonards. We then caught the train into Central, unsure of which train to get on we asked a couple of women who were in Geelong scarfs getting onto our train, they said we should stay on this train to Lidcombe then swap onto another for the Olympic sprint train. Rodney and I just took the punt and went along with what they said and stayed on the train to Lidcombe. Rodney seemed impressed that there was a ramp ready for me at each stop that I wanted to get off at. Got to ANZ stadium and had a feed before we headed inside. I haven't been to ANZ stadium before and it's an impressive. We got up to the right level using the lift and after some searching found the wheelchair accessible seats. They were right up the top but on the railing and with the layout of the stadium we were almost sitting on top of the boundary line. Was a pretty good position for watching the game, bad luck for the Swans. After the game we had to wait for the lift, because as always a lot of people line up for them when they really don't need to. It's rather annoying waiting for people in a lift who don't need it. We got first class treatment at the train station though, went straight to the front of the line to get on the train. Rod was rather impressed with that. Making our way through the Central Station was a bit tricky as, being at my level people don't tend to see me, I think I ran over a ladies toes by accident but she didn't move and I said excuse me. Rodney caught the train to St Leonards with me and then helped me get back up the hill to the RNS. Thanks mate. He headed back to Newcastle on bus, I hope didn't take too long. It was a great day, I can't wait to get back to the footy again in a few weeks.



Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment