Sunday, August 23, 2009

What a weekend!

Saturday 22rd August
Bledesloe Cup.
I had no plans for my day on Saturday. I spent most of the morning reading a magazine down in the canteen, I then headed up to the carpark to watch the construction of the new building. When I got back to the ward Kiwi Allison, a nurse at the hospital rang and offered me a ticket to the Bledesloe Cub. Though there was one condition, I had to be able to get myself to the game and back. Lucky for me I went to the football at ANZ with my Uncle Rodney the weekend before so it was rather easy to get there. Everyone knows the results from that game, I nearly jumped out of my seat in the last 10 minutes there was some good rugby played. If you were watching I was the one in the yellow. Thanks again Alison and Simmo for the ticket. It was around midnight by the time I got back to the ward, I slept well that night.





Sunday 23rd August
A day in Manly
Dave was heading up to see me on Sunday, we didn't have much planned apart from doing something out of the hospital. He arrived at around lunch and we decided to jump in his car and head to manly. Neither of us knew which way to go so it was a follow the signs drive, turned out it was such a nice day in Sydney that everyone wanted to go to Manly so it was rather slow drive. Once we were there we managed to find a park in a multistory carpark and headed to walk up the beach path.



Found a nice restaurant and had a feed of some bloody good fish, followed by some more cruzing up and down The Corso. I found out that I can get the wheelchair to step out sideways on some wet tiles near a water fountain, it was a bit of fun whilst rolling along. We left around 5ish, which was when everyone else decided to leave too, and we now know how slow the Spit bridge can be in peak traffic.

Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment