Sunday, August 9, 2009

A weekend in the city.

Sunday 9th August
Today I managed to get out of the hospital by 9 which is the earliest I've managed since I've been here. I've going to try and start getting ready as early as I can, because when I'm back home I'll have to get ready for work and other things. Though it will be easier because I'll have everything there ready to go. When I rolled out of the train station at Milson's Point there was a market going on just a bit further down the road. I went in and got Alex up and we headed down to the markets mid morning. Alex found some nice relishes and I managed to find a cool printed T-shirt with a penny farthing on it. After lunch and coffee we headed to Chatswood Mall again where a bit more retail therapy was undertaken. I found a nice Cardi to go with my new jeans and T-shirt and a new shirt. I'm all set, no more heading out in trackies and a hoddie. We then ended up siting on a big cushion in Myer where we just sat and watched people pick out shoes for an hour. It amazed both of us how fast the time passes when you are people watching. It was then time for Alex leave for Wagga, we caught the train back to Milson's Point where Alex picked up her bags and I waved her off and caught a Cab back to the Hospital. I had a quick Shower, did my bit of blogging and off to bed. Have a trip to the Dentist tomorrow to get the colour shade for my crown. It was great to get out of the Hospital for the weekend, dressed up in my jeans and new jumper I felt really good. I can't wait to do it all again next weekend.

Milson's Point markets with the Sydney Harbor Bridge in the background.


Saturday 8th August
Today I woke up and headed into Alex's hotel where we met to plan our day. The hospital is situated on a really handy train line, in only 18 minutes I can be in the city. Even less to get to where Alex was staying. We chose to head into Central and walk to Darling Harbour for brunch. After lunch we ventured into the aquarium. I would have photos of the day but my camera decided to run out of power just as I turned it on. It was the wrong day to be there were just so many kids running around it a bit hard for me, I came close to flattening a few because they would jump out in front. It was Alex's first visit to the aquarium and she found her favorite spot was the Nemo tank. Mine was the large ocean tank at the end, I could just sit there for hours watching the fish swim around. We then headed over to the Harbour side Mall for some retail therapy. I was getting sick of only being able to wear trackies so we went there with the aim of coming out with some jeans. Now with my jeans I don't look like a bum when I head out for dinner. Next was a learning experience for me, don't ride ferries. We got on at Darling Harbor with plans of getting off at Milson's Point, but every stop we came to had massive steps to get up so we ended up going all the way around to Circular Quay and caught a train back to Alex's Hotel where we had dinner and I then got a Cab back to the Hospital.

Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment